A mooney viscosity machine is an instrument used for measuring the mooney viscosity of a substance (mainly elastomers and rubbers). Invented by Melvin Mooney, it contains a rotating spindle and heated dies, the substance encloses and overflows the spindle and the mooney viscosity is calculated from the torque on the spindle.
Ektron Tek is a professional rubber testing equipment manufacturer. We provide types of rubber testers for customers. Today, we are going to simply introduce Mooney Viscometer Machines.
- EKT-2003M Model Mooney Viscometer Machine designed in accordance with ASTM D1676 & ISO289 standards.
- Main functions of viscometer rheometer below:
– Mooney Rheometer Viscosity Test: A determination of the viscosity of raw rubber or compounded rubber.
– Stress Relaxation Test: A determination of stress relaxation of a rubber.
– Pre-Vulcanization Test: A determination of the features of compounded rubber during the early stage of vulcanization.
- Power Law Decay Model
- Provide various quality control function to check the test results of mooney value and scorch time; more than 18 points of time relating to mooney value setting enable the user to control the quality of mooney value at any time of test curve.
- SPC software of mooney viscometer can draw and analyze the test results of mooney values and scorch times such as X-MR, X-R, histogram and normal distribution.
Have you had a basic understanding in Mooney Viscometer? If you are interested in rubber testing equipment series, welcome to visit the website of Ektron Tek – high quality and high accuracy rubber testing machines provider.
Article Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mooney_viscometer