Cast aluminum heaters or cast-in heaters are an essential component for all plastics extrusion machinery. Extruder barrel & die heaters are made of aluminum or bronze. Stringent machining tolerances on the inside working surface and high quality heating element construction guarantee high performance.
Cast aluminum heaters offer a high quality and efficient method of heating and controlling Extruders, Compression Molding Platens, Heat Sealers, and Vacuum Forming Platens.
The heat cool capabilities of cast-in heaters provide high accuracy temperature control of +/- 2º.
These precision cast aluminum heaters are available in various sizes and watt densities ranging from 10 t0 60 watts per square inch.
They are pressure casted insuring a dense porosity free casting that can been supplied with either cooling fins or seamless stainless steel cooling tubes that guarantee longer life.
They can be casted into any shape and size needed, thus fully covering the part to be heated and virtually becoming the part itself. Most Cast In heat cool bands are made to customer specifications, but standard sizes are available out of stock.
Cast aluminum heaters are contamination and corrosion resistant and can with stand high temperature and pressures in harsh environments with years of trouble free service.
Cast Aluminum Heaters – Cast-In Heaters Features:
- High operating temperatures
- Liquid cooling or air-cooling fins
- Any size or shape available
- Pressure casted ensures porosity free high density casting
- Extremely ruled and resistant to damage
- Precise and accurate control of temperature due to heat cool action
- High watt densities available
Cast Aluminum Heaters – Cast-In Heaters Applications:
- Plastics Extrusion Machinery
- Hot Melt-Glue Pots
- Blown Film Dies
- Runnerless Molding-Plastics
- Textile Industry
- Commercial Food Service
- Hot Stamp and Die Heating
Cast In Heaters Specifications:
- Size – As required any size possible
- Voltage – 120, 240, 480, or 600 volts
- Phase – Single or Three phase available
- Termination’s – Leads, Terminal Boxes, Screw/Threaded Studs
- Machining Tolerance – 005″ Standard 2
- Wattage – Aluminum Up to 35 W/in2, Bronze Up to 50 W/in
- Maximum Temperature – Aluminum 700ºF, Bronze 1400ºF
- Options – Holes, Grooves, Notches, Cutouts, Available
If you want to learn more information about cast aluminum heaters, welcome to check out the product pages of CT Heater & Instrument Co., Ltd… They are the professional manufacturer of kinds of heaters. Through email or telephone to contact them to obtain details you need.
Article Source: http://www.process-controls.com/hcs/cast_in_heaters.html